Build something amazing. Since 2007, Boeing and St. Louis Community College’s innovative workforce development partnership has trained and positioned over 900 job candidates for successful careers at Boeing.
We are very excited to roll out our second run of the Boeing Pre-employment Training Program for high school seniors. We ran our first cohort of high school students in the spring of 2019. We started with nine students, six graduated, and all six are now working at Boeing.
We have up to 30 seats available for this class (high school students only) which starts on Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022, so we are requesting a quick response from interested students.
There is no cost to the student. This program is funded by the Boeing Company.
How to apply
- Students must send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to put “BOEING HS CLASS” in the subject line of the email so it stands out. We get a lot of emails. Make sure to use an email address that can receive emails back from us. Usually, school email accounts will not accept external emails. Please be sure to include all skills, hobbies, tools and work experience that would reflect your mechanical aptitude on the resume. Resumes are due by Oct. 29, 2021.
- Students will be emailed Information Session dates and are encouraged to bring parents and teachers to the session. Information Session attendance is mandatory.
- Immediately following the information session, we will work with students to setup WorkKeys testing dates. This program requires the following WorkKeys scores: Applied Math – 4, Graphic Literacy – 4, Workplace Documents – 5.
- We will work with students to schedule their WorkKeys assessments. They must be taken onsite at STLCC’s Center for Workforce Innovation. If the student has taken WorkKeys at their high school, we will work with the school and/or student to obtain those scores. Retakes will be offered as time allows.
- Once the required WorkKeys scores have been met, we will schedule the Layout/Measuring Assessment. A study guide will be provided. This is an assessment of your ability to follow directions, interpret measurements, and measure accurately. This assessment is pass/fail.
- Submit a signed letter of recommendation from a faculty member at the school. This letter must state that there is no risk of the student not graduating, no disciplinary issues, and that the school recognizes the student as a good candidate.
- We will select up to 30 students for the class.
- Daily attendance is mandatory.
Start date: Thursday, Jan. 20, 2022
Completion date: Monday, May 9, 2022
Classes meet Monday through Thursday, 4-8 p.m.
All activities and class sessions will be held at St. Louis Community College’s Center for Workforce Innovation, 3344 Pershall Rd., St. Louis, MO 63135 which is adjacent to the Florissant Valley campus.
Students will be eligible for an interview with Boeing once these three criteria have been met:
- Successful completion of the program.
- High school graduation.
- 18 years old.
Download the program flyer at: https://stlcc.edu/docs/workforce-employer-services/boeinghs-flyer-0721.pdf