Thanks to a grant from the Job Corps Scholars Program, LaunchCode and STLCC have partnered to bring a free, accessible Immersive CodeCamp to young adults (age 16-24) in the St. Louis community hoping to enter the workforce and launch into a high-demand career in technology. The program will consist of a free, full-time, 17-week web development and career readiness training to equip learners with the skills needed by today’s employers.
A LaunchCode apprenticeship is a full-time (40 hours/week), paid position during which you work on a team of experienced developers, and are paired with a mentor that invests in your growth, to learn on the job, and prove yourself. More than four out of five LaunchCode apprenticeships result in a full-time job offer, and LaunchCoders more than double their previous salary on average after securing a full-time job.
Apply by July 24, 2022. Classes start August 22, 2022.
Class meets each weekday Monday through Friday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. CST
This cohort will specifically focus on individuals ages 16-24 who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- U.S. Citizen, Admitted Permanent Resident Alien, or Resident of a U.S. Territory
- Must have a high school diploma or high school equivalency
- The program is for individuals from low-income households and income verification will be required to verify eligibility
- Public Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Earned Income in relation to family size is not in excess of the poverty level
- Foster Child
- Individual with a disability whose own income meets the low-income requirements
- Must pass a background check